Local Moving can be more stressful than you can think. To save on moving time and money you can use these Top 10 recommendations from “Moving is Easy” company. We hope you'll find these moving recommendations helpful. If you would like to share your experience and other recommendations, please send it to us and we'll select best recommendations and add them to our blog page.
- Disconnect all electronics before the move (we recommend taking a picture of the connections before you do it so that you can reconnect easily, and label them), and place cables into moving boxes
- Mark the boxes by room (kitchen, bed room, bath room) so that they could be easily placed into the right places in the new home
- Mark fragile boxes so that movers to handle them appropriately with additional care
- Put extra packing (bubble wrap and picture boxes) to carefully pack glass pieces of the furniture
- Do no place books into the large boxes, otherwise they will be too heavy to move
- Pack all clothes from dressers in to moving boxes
- Cover mattresses for the health reasons, so if you don't buy the mattress covers, movers can shrink or provide mattress bags
- Find best parking space for moving truck, it can be rear area of your building or parking in a street, closest to the building. (in both locations)
- Make sure that there are sufficient paths within the apartment (house) for the movers to move freely (i.e. no boxes stacked up in front of doors or in the corridors)
- Have a healthy breakfast before the movers come so that there is no wasted waiting time for the movers to wait for you finish your morning routine.
Please don’t forget to keep with you your money, sensitive documentations, jewelry, expensive or important items for you in your car or safe place before moving day.
“Moving is Officially Easy”